Historical Sketch of Lophburi. พิมพ์ อีเมล
เขียนโดย .   

   

DAMRONG, PRINCE. HISTORICAL SKETCH OF LOPBURI. JSS. VOL.5 (pt.3) 1908. p.5-6.

                                 

                                          HISTORICAL SKETCH OF LOPHBURI.

 

                 [Through    the   courtesy   of    H. R. H.   Prince   Damrong   we   are

enabled   to   reprint   a   translation   of  the  pamphlet  on  "Lophburi",  which

was  issued  by  the  Prince  in  1905, and  in  which all historical information

available was collected.

                 By   reproducing   this  account  it  is  hoped  that,  quite  apart  from
its    intrinsic    value,    it   will   form   a   fitting   introduction   to   Mr.   Giblin's
paper,  which  it  expands  in  that  part  dealing with  the history of Lophburi.]
                                           ___________________

                 Lophburi   was   formerly   called  Lavo  and  in  the  annals  of   the
North   it   is   related   that   it   was  founded   by   King  Kalavarnadis  or  the
Black   Tissa   of    Taksila  in  the  Buddhist  era  1011  (Ch.  E.  468).  In  the
history   of   Chama   Deviwongs   giving   the   history   of   Haribhunjai   it  is
related    that    when   Muang   Haribhunjai   (the   present   Muang   Nakhon
Lamphun   of   Monthon   Phayab)   was   built   in   B. E.  1200  (Ch.  E.  654)
people   asked   for   Nang   Chama  Devi  the  daughter  of  Phya  Chakr  (or
Emperor   of   Muang   Lavo)    to    govern   Muang    Haribhunjai    as    chief.

                  If  we  compare  these  traditions  with archaeological objects still
preserved   in   Lophburi,  it    may    be    accepted   that   Muang   Lavo  was
founded   by  a  chief  of  a  Khom  people  who  established  the  city  about
1400   years   ago   and   it   became   the   capital   of  the  Kings  who  were
Sovereigns   of    the    princes   established   in   the   Menam   Chao   Phya
Valley   up   to   the   Menam   Khong   in   the  North  until  about  B. E.  1500
(Ch. E. 957). Then  for  some  reasons  not  yet  known  the  power  of these
Khom  Kings  gradually  got  less,  and  King  Sri  Dharmatraipitok the "Thai"
came   down   from  Chieng  Sen  and  brought  the  whole  of  the  southern
country   under   his  rule  and  he  appointed  his  son,  Chao  Kraisararaja,
Prince    of    Lavo.  Since    that    time    the   Kings   governed   from   either
Ayoddhya   or   Lavo   as   capital  for  about  one  hundred  years  until  King
Chand   Joti   governed   in   Lavo.  He   altered   the   name   of   the  capital
into   Lophburi   and   he   bad   to   abandon   the   territory   up  to  Monthon
Phayab   to   Chao   Anuruddha   and   to  acknowledge  the  Sovereignty  of
Bhukam   (Burma).  After   the   death   of   King  Anuruddha  the  princes  of
these  parts  became  heads  of  independent  states again in Phayab and
Sukhothai,  and  Muang  Lophburi  most  likely  became  at  that  time  also
independent,   as   it   is   stated   in   the   Annals   of   the  North  that  Phra
Naresr   the   son   of   King  Anuruddha  went  unsuccessfully  to  war  with
Phra    Narayana    the    King    of   Lophburi.  There   were   most   likely   a
number   of   Kings   governing   for   several   generations.  It   is   however
stated  in  the  Annals  of  the  North  that  there  was constant warfare, and

 

                                                             6

 

the  country  was  deserted  or  became dependent on some power. When
King   Uthong   founded   Sri   Ayoddhya   with   the   intention  of  extending
his  dominions  he  appointed  his  son  Eamesuen governor  of Lophburi,
a   "Vice-Royal   City",   and    it    became    an   important   city   as   of   old
in B. E. 1894 (Ch. E. 1351).

                 Krung    Ayoddhya    however   became   more   powerful  and  its
dominions  extended  and  Vice-Royal  cities  were  established  at Muang
San,   Jainad   and  finally  at  Pitsanulok.  Muang  Lophburi  became  then
a   provincial   town   near   the   capital   to   which  the  Kings  repaired for
pleasure.  In  the  B.  E.  2200  (Ch.  E.  1657)   the  King   Narayana  made
Lophburi his  residence  during  the  hot  and cold season, but it was only
kept   as   such  up  to  the  death of  King  Narayana,  as  his  successors
abandoned it and lived at Ayoddhya only

                  The  city  of  Lophburi  was  in ruins for 150 years up to the reign
of   His  Majesty   Phra   Chom   Klao,  who   had  the  wish  to  establish a
Royal  Residence  there. The old  palaces  were  completely  ruined,  and
only   one   hall   the  Chandravisal  could  be  restored.  His  Majesty  had
therefore buildings re-erected for his own residence ;and he restored the
walls  and  gates,  and  constructed  other buildings, which are kept up to
the present time

 

ดาวน์โหลดเอกสาร
FileคำอธิบายFile sizeDownloadsLast modified
Download this file (vol 5 pt 3 page 5-6.pdf)vol 5 pt 3 page 5-6.pdf 254 Kb12909/08/10 09:49
 

ค้นหา

สถิติผู้เข้าชมเว็บไซต์

mod_vvisit_counterผู้เข้าชมวันนี้302
mod_vvisit_counterผู้เข้าชมเดือนนี้18787
mod_vvisit_counterผู้เข้าชมเดือนที่แล้ว22645
mod_vvisit_counterผู้เข้าชมทั้งหมด1981111

We have: 14 guests online
IP ของคุณ: 52.3.228.47
วันนี้: ๒๘ ก.ย. ๒๕๖๓