Paoay Church is located about 25 kilometers south of Laoag. It is one of the oldest and the most beautiful Spanish style churches in Philippines arts. It was registered as a World Heritage Site. This church was built in 1699 but later it was destroyed by earthquake. It was then rebuilt in 1710 and it still appears until now.
The façade of Paoay church is made of brick and stucco where the side façade is made of coral stone. The façade is decorated with 6 wall posts. The façade is divided in to 5 parts. The top part is covered with classic pediment and there is a small bell hanger on top of the gable as well. In the nave appears only one arch door. There is no door around the aisle area. There is an arch that serves as window and camber. Moreover, the symbols of the families that patronize the church are decorated.